A month end review, if you will.
This post contains affiliate links.
I'm trying to personalize things round these parts again and I thought I'd give a nod to old school blogging (remember 2013?) and fill a whole post with photos. September has been a month of actually leaving the apartment and it was nice if not excessively hot and therefore sweaty.
My best babe Erin came down to visit little old me and we had a ball. We went to a puppy and beer themed festival (Dave and I go every year, we love it), wandered around the french quarter, and accidentally stumbled upon a fried chicken festival. After three days of eating and drinking everything in sight I tucked her away back to the airport.
My favorite places/things we visited over the weekend were:
- NOLA On Tap - The puppy and beer festival where we were able to get a few of the beers that Erin and I had in Belgium.
- Wayward Owl Tap Room at the old Gem Theater - I am always down for a bit of kitch and this tap room ticks a lot of boxes for me. It's in a re-done old theater which is adorable in and of itself, the beer is good, and in the couple of times I've been there it's been a super chill atmosphere. Bless.
- Shaya - Possibly the best hummus I've ever had the pleasure to eat was at Shaya. We had a weird reservation for 3:30 on a Sunday because this place books up fast. We got a slew of apps and ate pickles, babaganoush, and hummus until we got the heavy hints that we needed to go.
- New Orleans Art Markets - Okay, I promise we did more than eat and drink for days on end. While walking around the French Quarter we found ourselves in a few different little art markets. They were super adorable, almost all of them had drawings of Bob's Burgers characters (not complaining) and were a lovely respite from the crowds.
- Krewe Optic - I've known of Krewe (a sunglasses/glasses company in New Orleans) for a little over a year but I had not been to their shop to see the glasses in person. The shop is a bloggers haven (plants everywhere, those boobie planters, all white everything) and the sunnies were dreamy though prohibitively expensive.
Style wise, September has been full of nothing but loose flowing dresses. Dressing for autumn in New Orleans looks basically exactly like dressing in summer which I complained about in my transitional autumn style post. Besides that, September has been the month of red nails and mini buns.
I've been wearing gel nails non stop for months now because it's the only way I won't break my nails. I do them at home so it's not terribly expensive and I love it. I've never been able to grow nails this long before and I'm super annoyingly thrilled with them. The gel color I'm stuck on right now is the Sensationail Nail Gel in Miss Behave. I wore a regular manicure with it for a few weeks then redid the same color with the negative space manicure you can see above.
I've also been wearing half up mini buns more often than not this month. It's great because it's somewhat stylish, it gets my hair out of my face, and is marginally cooler in the heat. The braided back buns are my favorite because my bangs tuck in so nicely, but the space buns look was also fun.
Oh and I launched my new website, Lipstick A Day, in September (hence the crickets around these parts). And I'm already having a content rejig. Don't worry, everything is under control. New format to reviews over there is coming in October that I think will make things easier to read, or at least be more entertaining.
What did you get up to this month?